11 Şubat 2024 Pazar

Flowers - Miley Cyrus

66th Annual Grammy Awards on February 4, 2024
Best Pop solo performance
Record of the Year

Flowers - Miley Cyrus

This is a a cult song, so powerful, full of emotions, like Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"  it'll be a symbol for stronger women, discovery of personal strength following an initially devastating breakup.  

Song written after  Miley Cyrus & her husband Liam Hemsworth breakdown. 
When they were married Liam dedicated Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man song to Miley
https://youtu.be/ekzHIouo8Q4 and the lyrics referred to flowers.. 

That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Shoulda gave you all my hours
When I had the chance

The song Flowers - Lyrics said: 

I can buy myself flowers
Write my name in the sand
Talk to myself for hours
Say things you don't understand

Miley and Liam's  home burned down in California wildfires and this was also mentioned in the song.  The song was released on Liam's birthday. 

We were good, we were gold
Kinda dream that can't be sold
We were right 'til we weren't
Built a home and watched it burn


After long years of rocky relationship, engagement, breakups  and short marriage they got separated when  Liam Hemsworth  had affair with Jennifer Lawrence during shooting of the film Hunger Games.   Miley used same hair style and similar gold dress  at clip. At the end of video Miley's wild dance with black suit is similar to suit Liam wore at Red carpet at premier of Hunger Games with Jennifer Lawrance.   



Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_(Miley_Cyrus_song)